When shall I know that I have qualified or not?
Selection is usually done in batches; the first one being around July, subsequently after every two to three weeks upto mid August.
Once selection for your programme is completed, you are notified through the portal, email, SMS, or voice call.
How should I know the programme I qualify for?
For you to qualify for a programme, you MUST first meet the minimum academic qualifications, then at the time of consideration the capacity required should have not been exceeded.
Can I defer my Studies?
Yes. But your deferment can ONLY be granted after you are admitted for the programme you applied and qualified for.
Can I apply using an application form other than online?
Are there Certificate Courses?
What should I do if I paid before getting a Reference Number?
Currently TU-K does not offer Certificate courses. But you will be notified in case the Certificate courses are revived.
In such a case, kindly create an account and obtain a Reference Number then scan the bank slip and email to the Finance Department quoting the Reference Number or simply visit the us with the bank slip.
Can I use my previous Reference Number?
No. Every application cycle, new Reference Numbers are generated even if you applied for a programme the previous cycle. You should always first check for your new Reference Number before paying when applying for a programme in subsquent cycles intakes.
When is the deadline for receiving applications?
Deadlines are usually set in every advertisement, and displayed on the this portal too.
How do I apply?
How should the physically challenged or computer iliterate persons apply?
- Create account with us or sign in if already created;
- Enter your personal details to obtain a REFERENCE NUMBER;
- Copy the REFERENCE NUMBER and quote it as you pay a non-refundable application fees of * KES 2,000 at any branch of Equity Bank or Cooperative Bank. Use the REFERENCE NUMBER AS ONE OF YOUR NAMES. Your payment will be confirmed automatically after 24 banking hours;
- After 24 banking hour elapse, return to this portal, login and proceed to enter your academic qualifications and upload scanned copies of the corresponding certificates/result slips;
- Choose your preferred programme of study; then
- SUBMIT and wait for selection the selection process to be completed. You can always login and check for your application status using your account details.
* KES 2,000 is for undergraduate programme application; postgraduate application fee is KES 3000 (Kenyan) or KES 3,600 (foreigners).
They should visit a nearby cyber cafe then give instructions and details required for applications. Such persons can also come physically to the University and will be assisted FREE of charge at the Directorate of ICT Services.
Why should I choose to study in TU-K?
Technical University of Kenya (TU-K) is one of the special public universities in Kenya providing technical education and training. The University is internationally acclaimed for offering
hands-on training that enables its graduates to easily fit in the labour market.