What should I do if I paid, 24 banking hours have elapsed, and still I cannot proceed to the next step?
I cannot access my account, what should I do?
This maybe because while paying the application fee, the bank teller or agent did not capture your correct Reference Number, or we have not received your payment confirmation from the bank you paid at. In that case,
kindly scan and send
(requires login) a clear copy of the payment bank slip for confirmation, or contact the Finance Office to determine the cause of such delay for payment confirmation.
When shall I know that I have qualified or not?
First, check whether you had created an account and that you are entering the correct email address.
If the email address is correct and still cannot login, try resetting the password.
If you are unable to reset your password, try resetting your account. But this works if and only if you had not been given a reference number.
If you exhaust those options, kindly contact the Office of Student Admission and Recruitment to reset your password.
Selection is usually done in batches; the first one being around July, subsequently after every two to three weeks upto mid August.
Once selection for your programme is completed, you will be notified through the portal, email, SMS, or voice call.
How should I know the programme I qualify for?
For you to qualify for a programme, you MUST first meet the minimum academic qualifications, then at the time of consideration the capacity required should have not been exceeded.
Sometimes you may meet the minimum requirements but fail to be considered because the class number required is already reached.
Can I defer my studies?
Yes. But your deferment can ONLY be granted if you had been ADMITTED for the programme you applied and qualified for.
Can I apply using an application form other than online?
Are there Certificate Courses?
What should I do if I paid before getting a Reference Number?
Can I use my previous Reference Number?
In such a case, kindly create an account and obtain a Reference Number then scan and send
(requires login) a clear copy of the bank slip or physically visit the Finance Department with the original bank slip.
No. In every application cycle, new Reference Numbers are generated even if you applied for a programme the previous cycle. You should always first check for your new Reference Number before paying when applying for a programme in subsquent intake cycles.
When is the deadline for receiving applications?
How do I apply?
Deadlines are usually set in every advertisement, and displayed on the this portal too. Current Status:
( Closing in 6 days 21 hours 31 minutes [ Extension for Undergraduate & Diploma Applications])
How should the physically challenged or computer iliterate persons apply?
- Create Account with us or sign in if the account is already created;
- Enter your personal details to obtain a REFERENCE NUMBER which is in the form of APP/xxxxx/2022;
- Enter your academic qualifications and upload scanned copies of the corresponding certificates or result slips. Please note that result slips for examinations taken more than two years ago will not be accepted;
- Pay the application fee of KES 2,000 for Diploma/undergraduate programmes, KES 3,000 for postgraduate programmes, and KES 3,600 (USD 36) for foreign applicants. These payments should be made through MPESA Paybill number 5236153 and account number should be your application REFERENCE NUMBER obtained in 2. above. The payment will be confirmed automatically after 24 banking hours;
- After the elapse of 24 banking hours, return to this portal, log in and choose your preferred programme of study; thereafter,
- SUBMIT your programme of choice and wait for the selection process to be concluded. Meanwhile, you are advised to frequently log in, using your account details, to establish the status of your application.
Why should I choose to study in TU-K?
We value such people and we strive to give them equal opportunity to apply. Currently, we advise them to visit a nearby cyber cafe then give instructions and details required for applications. Such persons can also come physically to the University and will be assisted FREE of charge at the
Directorate of ICT Services
Meanwhile, we are trying to improve our technology in order to provide alternative assistive technologies for them.
Technical University of Kenya (TU-K) is one of the special public universities in Kenya providing technical education and training. The University is internationally acclaimed for offering
hands-on training that enables its graduates to easily fit in the labour market.
Moreover, TU-K engages in research and innovation that is focused on application of technological knowledge and skills in the solution of societal problems.
You can read more about the University here...
You can also view TU-K team on our Staff ePortal browse their qualifications, work experience, publications, among others.